In The Beginning
Although there had been one or two private courts built on Grand Cayman, the first apparent sincere interest in tennis here arrived in 1929 in the person of Commissioner G. H. Frith. He, together with Dr. Roy McTaggart, arranged the construction of a marl court on Dr. Roy's property on South Church Street, where "Windsor House" now stands. For two or three years, many of the sixty or so members of the George Town Tennis Club took part in and enjoyed the matches and tournaments organised, but the departure of Mr. Frith, as well as many Caymanian's to sea, brought an end to the era. The court was still used by a few players till about 1955, but it was several years before organised tennis sprang up again.